How To Rent Costumes
Wether you're filming a feature or doing a theater production, it is likely that you'll need special elements to differentiate characters and locations. In some cases, uniforms, period-piece clothing, or even normal civilian wear will have to be sourced from rental houses or private costumers. This guide will show you how to rent costumes for your next project!
Costume Shops – Professional costume suppliers
- Step 1: Research costume rental companies in your area.
- Step 2: Search the website or call ahead to verify the inventory.
- Step 3: Visit costume shop to reference the items in person
- Step 4: Set up an account (if applicable)
- Provide contact information
- Provide Credit card authorization
- Sign additional contracts and agreements
- Step 5: Establish reservation date and confirm the rental
ShareGrid -Rental platform for filmmakers
- Use the search feature to check availability
- Create a profile
- Request reservation
- Process payment
- Establish pick up / drop off location
Costumers – Professionals working in the industry with personal kits